- Product Care
- Size Charts
- Privacy/Cookies Policy
At ark/8, we love SF movies, Anime, Video Games, Low-fi and Hi-fi, Fantasy, Comics, Japan and Digital Art (in no particular order). Our aim is to translate that love into compelling collaborations that are built to last.
Quality is at the very core of our philosophy and our products are characterized by high-end materials and fine details. All our items are very limited editions.
For our jewelry, we take pride in our dedication to perpetuating traditional and artisanal methods as well as experimenting with cutting-edge technology.
Our motto is to always thrive to become better versions of ourselves when a new day arises.
1 — SHIPPING INFORMATION
You are currently on the Ark8 website for North America. An order placed on the website us.ark8.net can only be shipped to the United States and Canada. All the information below is pertaining to shipping information within this region. If you wish your order to be delivered to an address outside of this region, i.e. EU and the rest of the world shipping, please check www.ark8.net.
The following rates apply to the USA:
- Free Ground Standard Shipping (USPS/DHL) on all orders to the domestic United States - 3-7 days
- Express 2-day DHL/FedEx Shipping: $19.99
The following rates apply to Canada :
Canada Standard Shipping - 14 to 30 days $4.99
Canada Economy Shipping - 4 to 10 days $7.99
Canada Express Shipping - 3 to 5 days $39.99
DELIVERY RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
- An order placed before 3 p.m. (Monday to Friday) will be shipped the same day.
- An order placed on Friday afternoon after 3pm, or during the weekend, will be shipped on Monday.
- Our carriers do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays.
- If you have not received your delivery within the number of days shown for your country in the table above, please track your order or contact our customer care team: firstname.lastname@example.org
TAXES AND DUTIES
All orders are shipped on a ddp basis (delivery duty paid) for the United States. All other countries are subject to local taxes and/or import duties, which are levied by your local customs authority. We are unable to calculate the exact amount of duties and taxes your order will incur, as these charges are imposed directly by the country shipping to.
2 — RETURNS POLICY
What matters to us is that you are completely satisfied with what you purchase on the ARK/8 store.
If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason, you can of course return your order and be refunded. Just make sure you do it within 14 days of receipt (counting from the day after you received your order) and that the product is in its original condition and packaging. This implies that the products must be :
- unworn, unwashed, undamaged;
- with its price tag and brand label;
- complete (i.e. together with all items such as a belt, keychain etc. which came with the original product, free gifts received with the product and if the items was part of a bundle or a special promotion, the other items that were part of the bundle or special promotion must be returned as well);
- placed in the packaging in which you received it;
We reserve the right to refuse returns if the items do not comply with this requirement.
Returns outside the 14-day time frame may be accepted solely at the discretion of Ark/8.
If you would like to exchange an item, please follow the return procedure for your original item and then place a new order on our store for the new item. We do not process exchanges directly.
Here after are the following steps you should follow to complete your return:
If you have received an item that you did not order or a faulty item, please send us an email at email@example.com with as many details as possible (such as pictures of the faulty items) and we will happily help you further. If the item is proven to be faulty under our responsibility, you may not have to send it back to us.
If you are returning an item that doesn't fit, or that you are simply not happy with, you don't need to contact us. Instead please follow this link to download our returns form. Please fill print it out and full it in.
Please put the item in its original packaging and make sure it's sealed properly.
Any returns for which the sender cannot be identified will be refused, so make sure you always enclose the return form from STEP 1 in the box.
Please send the package at the following address :
We recommend you use a tracked mail service as we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage that would occur at that stage.
Please note that for all returned items the shipping cost will be at your charge. As explained above, if the item is faulty or you received it due to a mistake on our side, you should not return it but will get a refund instead after contacting our customer service.
As mentioned above we reserve the right to refuse returns if the items do not comply with our requirements. In this case, it will not be sent back to you and the original shipping cost is non-refundable.
3 — REFUND
Once your return reaches us, and is in accordance with the conditions above, we will arrange for a refund within 14 calendar days. We reserve the right to only make a refund when the goods have reached us.
Be sure to also factor in the ship time for your return to be delivered to us.
You will receive e-mail updates from us to help track the progress of your return.
The refund will be credited to the original payment method used to place the order.
If a discount was applied to your original order, the amount refunded will be adjusted if necessary.
If you have any other questions about returns please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1 — CLOTHING
2 — JEWELLERY
Here are a few tips to keep Silver/Gold jewellery from tarnishing.
With time, natural processes cause oxidisation and tarnishing. Here is how to keep your jewellery's natural shine.
- Clean your jewellery with a microfiber cleaning cloth - ideally weekly. It should remove stains and oxidisation. However, if the piece of jewellery has intentional dark details, using such cloth may remove some of them as well, so please use the cleaning cloth carefully on a small area before applying it to the entire item.
- Store the jewellery in a box, drawer or in a closed ziplock-type plastic bag, it will prevent the tarnishing and eventual scratches.
- Taking a shower with your silver jewellery is allowed and even recommended. Water and soap will help keeping the silver clean.
- When using cleaning products (for example doing the dishes), it is recommended taking off all jewellery. Chemicals in the cleaning products may harm the jewellery and can cause tarnishing.
- Entering to the sea or the swimming pool with jewellery is not recommended, the chlorine and the salt water can damage the silver.
- Avoid any contact with perfume, or lotions.
- In the summer, silver jewellery will tarnish quicker then usual, causing by the oxidization it our sweat and the humidity in the air.
1 — CLOTHING
OVERSIZED PULLOVER HOODIE
HYBRID CUSTOM JACKET
2 — JEWELLERY
All of our rings are presented in EUROPE sizes.
- if your finger size is unknown, you can measure the inside diameter of an existing ring (in mm), and convert it to EU size using the chart below.
- if you do not own any other rings, the most accurate way to reveal your finger size is by measuring it at any jeweller / jewellery store.
- choose your regular ring size, our rings are 100% size accurate.
how to select the correct ring size?
please note that all ring sizes are based on the interior diameter of the ring in mm (millimeters).
the below table gives you all conversions between EU/US/mm sizes:
A. SCOPE AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions of sale shall apply to all offers, purchases and in general any other operations on the website of https://shop.levelupwear.com.
Available on https://ark8.net, these general terms and conditions are systematically provided by way of information to all buyers to enable them to place an order. Placing an order therefore entails the full adherence to these general terms and conditions on the part of the buyer without reservations.
Every order placed on https://ark8.net shall entail full and unconditional acceptance of these general terms and conditions.
Any contrary condition put forth by the buyer, unless explicitly accepted, may not be relied upon against the seller, irrespective of the time when it may be brought to his attention. The fact that the seller does not avail himself of any one of these general terms and conditions of sale at a given moment, shall not be misconstrued as a waiver of the right to assert any of said conditions at a later time.
The information contained in advertisements, brochures or other written documents provided directly by agents or employees of the company and/or disseminated or communicated on any media, and in particular via the Internet, shall constitute an invitation to treat and shall not have contractual value.
Failure to become cognisant of our terms and conditions in your native language may not result in the unenforceability thereof against you.
By ticking these general terms and conditions, the Customer acknowledges that he:
- is fully responsible for decisions or vested with authority by the appropriate person to undertake a commitment for an Order placed with LEVEL UP WEAR SA;
- has become cognisant, in addition to the information provided in these general terms and conditions, of information on the essential characteristics of the products that he orders.
The information provided by the buyer at the time that the order is taken shall be binding for him. In the event of erroneous or incomplete particulars of the addressee, LEVEL UP WEAR SA shall not be held liable because the delivery cannot be made.
LEVEL UP WEAR SA reserves the right to change or alter these general terms and conditions at all times.
For the purposes of these general terms and conditions, terms below are defined as follows: “General Terms and Conditions of Sale”: this document, i.e. the terms and conditions applicable to the Customer and LEVEL UP WEAR SA.
“Customer”: a person or company who uses the website and acquires one or more products, via the website, having adhered to the general terms and conditions of sale beforehand.
“Items” products for sale on the website, i.e. items presented on https://shop.levelupwear.com, which you can purchase by clicking on the appropriate buttons.
“Order”: the order for one or more products placed by the customer on https://shop.levelupwear.com. The web page called “your basket,” displayed when you click on “add to basket,” contains a list of the Items and the total price of your purchases.
“Website”: the website accessible at the address https://shop.levelupwear.com
“Contract”: the contract composed of these general terms and conditions of sale and the Order you have concluded under a distance selling system via https://ark8.net
“Data”: all data of a personal nature that concern you (forename, surname, identity card number, invoicing address, delivery address, etc.) communicated to https://ark8.net to enable it to process the Order.
“Username”: the e-mail address you choose when you register. This e-mail address must be entered each time you log on the website.
“Delivery”: the operation by which the Items are actually placed at the buyer’s disposal by LEVELUPWEAR.
“Password”: the personal and confidential password you choose when you register and which you must enter when LEVELUPWEAR asks you to do so.
“Price: the price of each item, exclusive of VAT.
LEVEL UP WEAR is a SA (in French), with a capital of €163.000,00.LEVEL UP WEAR
Rue du Sceptre, 25
Intra-Community VAT N°: BE0890.015.382
Orders shall be placed exclusively via the Internet on https://ark8.net
1.1 Order placement
The customer may place orders only via the website or by e-mail.
To be able to purchase a Product when placing his first order on https://ark8.net, the Customer must open a customer account and complete a form with a number of required fields considered as information necessary for the management of said order and the commercial relations, so that his order can be taken into account.
During registration, the buyer must choose a Username (e-mail address) and a personal and exclusive password. He shall be solely responsible for their confidentiality. He may change the Username or password at all times by following the instructions provided on the website. In placing an order, the buyer shall accept that the data provided after he has entered his Username and password constitute proof of his identity and can be used for the procedures for invoicing and delivery.
Non-emancipated minors do not have the legal capacity to contract. Data collection among minors shall require the consent of parental authority.
LEVEL UP WEAR SA draws the Customer’s attention to the fact that ordering on the Website is secure.
The Customer must verify carefully the Product(s) ordered, the quantities ordered, and the place where the Order is to be delivered.
1.2 Confirmation of the Order
If LEVEL UP WEAR SA accepts the Order, it shall notify said acceptance by issuing an Order Confirmation sent to the Customer at the latter’s e-mail address.
The sale shall be final only after the order confirmation has been sent to the customer by LEVEL UP WEAR, specifying the shipment of the products.
LEVEL UP WEAR SA reserves the right to refuse any order from a customer for a legitimate reason in accordance with the legislation in force.
It shall thus be entitled to refuse any order that is abnormal or placed in bad faith. Furthermore, the company shall be entitled to refuse any order from a customer with whom there is a dispute relating to the payment of a previous order placed with LEVEL UP WEAR, or with another merchant.
1.3 Cancellation of the Order
1.3.1 Cancellation of the Order by the Company
An Order may always be cancelled by LEVEL UP WEAR SA in case of:
- unavailability of the Product(s) ordered;
- failure by the Customer to pay for the order within the prescribed time;
- force majeure [in particular: unforeseeable delay in deliveries or defective deliveries from suppliers];
1.3.2 Unavailability of the Product(s) ordered
Owing to the specific nature of the Internet, the company does not guarantee the availability of all products on its website in real time. If one of the products is temporarily or definitively unavailable, the company shall inform the Internet surfers accordingly via its website or by sending an email to a valid e-mail address provided by the customer. The company will then propose to replace the ordered product by an equivalent product (in terms of quality and price), a credit note, or the right of rescission (cancellation of your order).
1.3.3 Cancellation of the order by the customer
To be taken into consideration, a request to cancel an order must be made before the products are shipped, and at the latest one hour after the registration thereof. No cancellation will be possible beyond that deadline.
1.4 Withdrawal period
In accordance with Belgian law, any non-professional customer, who falls under the consumer protection legislation in force in Belgium, shall be entitled to notify LEVEL UP WEAR SA that he cancels his purchase within 14 days.
The request must be notified beforehand by sending an email to email@example.com
To that end, the customer undertakes to return his order under the same conditions as those applicable to the shipment, accompanied by a return form (downloadable by clicking on this link), within the aforementioned time limits.
The product shall be returned by parcel tracked by B-Post or by registered shipment for Europe, in its original state.
Opened, unsealed, dirty, incomplete, damaged or non-compliant items are not entitled to the right of return. In such a case, you shall remain the owner of the product. If you wish, the product will be sent back to you and the shipping charges shall be at your expense.
The shipping and return charges are always at the customer’s expense.
The items must be returned to the following address:
LEVEL UP WEAR
Rue du Sceptre, 25
The right to withdraw shall not apply to items made at the consumer’s specific request or which are clearly customised (choice of customised postal code and colour (pull or code).
1.5 Consequences of the withdrawal
If the Order is withdrawn, payment already made by the Customer and collected by the Company shall be reimbursed according to the same method of payment chosen by the Customer, less shipping expenses, and to the exclusion of any compensation or damages, in accordance with the legal provisions in force in the Benelux countries, i.e. within a maximum period of 30 (thirty) days as of the day following the one on which the Customer transmitted his Order;
To benefit from this practical, safe and rapid service, the Customer shall provide his IBAN account number on the dispatch slip that accompanies the returned items.
All the prices of items shall be indicated in Euros, exclusive of all taxes, and exclusive of shipping and handling charges.
Any change in the applicable rate of VAT could be passed on to the prices of the products.
LEVEL UP WEAR may have to change its prices at all times, but shall ensure that the products are invoiced on the basis of the rates in force at the time the order was booked, subject to availability on that date and receipt of actual payment.
Pursuant to Articles 1226 ff. of the Civil Code, the Customer who terminates the aforementioned contract unilaterally and prematurely, shall pay LEVEL UP WEAR the flat-rate and irreducible sum of €62.00 by way of penalty clause.
LEVEL UP WEAR SA shall moreover have the option of claiming higher damages when it can prove the scope of its loss.
3. Reservation of ownership clause
The products and items sold shall remain the property of LEVEL UP WEAR SA until the price is paid in full.
Payment in full must be made when placing the order.
Payments shall be made by bank card, through the secure system PAYPAL that encrypts all the information relating to the use of the card during the online payment transaction via the website, or by Carte Bleue, Maestro, MasterCard, or Visa.
During payment, the buyer must indicate the name of the card holder, as well as the number of the card, its expiry date and the cryptogram thereon (3-digit code used for transaction security purposes).
LEVEL UP WEAR SA may not be held liable for the consequences of any use of the credit card, fraudulent or otherwise, by a third party, in particular in case of message interception.
The buyer is also advised to provide a telephone number where he can be easily reached.
The credit card shall be charged after you have been invoiced for your items.
In case of a dispute relating to the payment, only the payment service provider may be held liable.
5. Data and payment security
The website levelupwear.com uses one of the most advanced security systems at this time to provide optimal protection for all sensitive data relating to the means of payment.
LEVEL UP WEAR at no time has access to the surfer’s banking details. That is why his particulars will be requested for every new order. Only the Europabank will have the confidential information necessary for the transaction, which shall be inaccessible to third parties.
To guarantee buying with complete security LEVEL UP WEAR has put in place all the procedures necessary for your protection against fraudulent use of your bank card:
- Secure payment website;
- Checking and blocking of orders identified as fraudulent;
- Checking and blocking of IP addresses identified as fraudulent;
If you detect a fraudulent debt on your bank account, contact your bank immediately.
6. Geographic area
LEVEL UP WEAR ships worldwide.
The normal delivery period is about 3-10 working days [unless indicated otherwise on the website] and is provided for information only.
We do not deliver to hotels or public places.
It is important to specify the delivery method when the order is placed. LEVEL UP WEAR SA may not be held liable in case of error.
7.2 Delivery incidents
7.2.1 Delivery delay:
Neither LEVEL UP WEAR nor the carrier can be held liable if the delivery is late or cannot be made in case of force majeure, inclement weather or errors in the delivery address.
In case of delay, damage, theft, etc., the customer shall have recourse only against the carrier.
If the buyer is not present on the day of delivery, a note mentioning that the deliveryman came by shall be deposited indicating the address of the postal point where the parcel will be available for 15 days.
In the event of a delay from the date indicated on the order, please contact Customer Service to open a delivery inquiry with the carrier concerned.
To lodge a complaint with Customer Service, please indicate your particulars, invoice number, references or the product(s) on the invoice, and specify the reasons for your complaint.
7.2.2 Incomplete or non-compliant delivery
The buyer shall be required to verify the state of the packaging of the goods and of the contents upon delivery of the order.
The packaging may have been damaged or the contents may have been partially or totally stolen or an error may have occurred when preparing the shipment.
In case of complaint concerning any defects or shortcomings (missing product, damaged parcel, broken products, etc.), the surfer must mention his observations accompanied by a photo, first by sending an e-mail to Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org, but also, within the 2 days that follow, by letter with acknowledgement of receipt, to company headquarters: LEVEL UP WEAR SA, 48, Rue Alfred Giron, 1050, Ixelles, Belgium.
7.2.3 Lost parcel:
If one or more parcels were lost by one of our transport service providers, please inform us as promptly as possible by sending an e-mail to Customer Service at email@example.com
The company shall conduct an inquiry of the services concerned.
8. Shipping rates
|Rest of the World||34.99€|
LEVEL UP WEAR shall be liable for non-conformities regarding the object of the contract and latent defects under the conditions provided in Articles 1641 to 1649 of the Civil Code.
Article 1641 of the Civil Code
“The seller shall warranty claims for latent defects of the sold item which make it unfit for its intended purpose, or which reduce the usability thereof to such a degree, that the buyer would not have purchased it, or would have paid a lower price, if he were aware of them.”
Item 1648 of the Civil Code
“Action for redhibitory defects must be taken by the buyer within a short period, depending on the nature of said redhibitory defects, and the established practice at the venue where the sale took place.”
For any technical problem or request of information, contact Customer Service firstname.lastname@example.org within a period of 8 days (for Belgium) and 15 days (for abroad), after the delivery date by registered letter or by e-mail to LEVEL UP WEAR. No complaint shall be taken into consideration, no items taken back, and no discount granted beyond that deadline.
A product may be returned only after a prior complaint and request and if the buyer follows the instructions of Customer Service.
Slight differences in quality, colour, width, weight, manufacturing or design may not entail refusal of the merchandise.
Justified complaints shall entail the return or replacement of the merchandise, but without compensation for direct or indirect damages.
If an item under guarantee is returned, it must be returned in its original packaging, accompanied by any accessories, instructions for use and documentation, and the e-mail of consent for the return from Customer Service of LEVEL UP WEAR.
Any incomplete return or where the packaging is damaged will be refused and sent back to the customer at the latter’s expense.
Upon ascertaining that the product does not conform to the offer, LEVEL UP WEAR shall proceed to exchange it with a product of the same reference and of the same or superior quality, depending on availability. In such a case, the buyer will have the option of asking for reimbursement.
If the product is not available, LEVEL UP WEAR will proceed to reimburse the price [exclusive of shipping charges].
The products offered are compliant with the Belgian legislation in force.
They are non-discounted textile goods.
The essential characteristics of each item are described on the appropriate pages of the website.
The photographs, product datasheets, dimensions, colours presented on the website and tests illustrating the products shall be as faithful as possible to the items that are sent to you. LEVEL UP WEAR cannot however be held liable for minor differences [imprecisions, errors or omissions].
LEVEL UP WEAR shall not be held liable either for the non-performance of the contract in the event of an unforeseeable or insurmountable event by a third party to the contract [disturbance, total or partial strike, in particular of postal services, means of transport and/or communication, floods, fire, etc. …] or the customer’s fault. LEVEL UP WEAR shall naturally do its utmost to find a solution to perform the contract as promptly as possible.
LEVEL UP WEAR shall under no circumstances be held liable for any delay in the execution – or non- execution – of an order, or a delay in or non-performance of a technical or other clause, for reasons beyond its control (depletion of stocks at the suppliers, etc.). In such a case, LEVEL UP WEAR shall be entitled to delay delivery within reasonable limits or simply to cancel the order.
The products proposed for sale directly by LEVEL UP WEAR are those which are featured on https://levelupwear.com, the day that a surfer consults said website and as long as supplies last.
In the online selling process, LEVEL UP WEAR shall not be held liable for damages resulting from the Internet such as loss of data, hacking, virus, interruption of service and other problems beyond its control.
The contractual or quasi-tortious liability of LEVEL UP WEAR shall be limited to the reimbursement of the price for the Order and shall not entitle the Customer to any other compensation.
11. Data protection
The data provided by the buyer shall be protected in accordance with the personal data protection act. The buyer shall have the right to access and correct the data at all times, by simply going to “My account” on the website.
The Buyer undertakes to communicate the data necessary for the processing of the order and for any other marketing operations without assuming the identity of any other person or using a false name.
LEVEL UP WEAR shall consequently not be held liable in case of errors or inaccuracies as to the surfer’s delivery address.
By placing an order, the Customer consents to the fact that the Company may store, process and use the data collected from his order to process that order.
The Customer shall authorise the company to engage in commercial solicitation by sending him e-mails concerning its products or services.
If the customer does not wish to receive such information any longer, he can send an e-mail to that effect.
12. Intellectual property
The use of the websites https://ark8.net are reserved exclusively for personal use.
The website and all its elements are protected by the intellectual property rights in force.
All models, texts, comments, works, photos, illustrations and images, whether audio or video, including the underlying technology, reproduced on https://levelupwear.com and https://ark8.net, shall be protected by copyright, trademarks, patents, and image rights. They shall be the exclusive property of LEVEL UP WEAR or its partners.
They shall be the exclusive property of LEVEL UP WEAR.
Any public reproduction or communication of trademarks, texts, photograph or material disseminated on this website, without the prior, express and written consent of LEVEL UP WEAR, is strictly prohibited. Any hypertext link referring directly to this website shall be subject to prior, express authorisation.
13. Customer Service
Our Customer Service is at your entire disposal for any further information or question, at email@example.com by e-mail via the contact form on the website.
14. Applicable law and competent courts
This contract shall be governed by Belgian law, and is available in English.
In case of disputes, the parties shall try to reconcile themselves.
Otherwise, they recognise as for now that only the Brussels courts [Justice of the Peace of the 3rd canton of Brussels) shall be competent and that Belgian law shall apply.
For private individuals, the competent court in case of a dispute shall be that of the defendant’s domicile or, at the defendant’s choice, that of the place where the product was actually delivered.
15. Technical problem
If customers encounter a technical problem on the website, they are requested to contact LEVEL UP WEAR by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEVEL UP WEAR will spare no effort to solve the problem as promptly as possible and may not be held liable.
These general terms and conditions of sale were drawn up on 13 January 2017.
WE ARE LEVEL UP WEAR, S.A., registered by the Belgium Banque Carrefour des entreprises under the number BE 0890 015 382 and we process your personal data as joint controllers. This means that we are jointly responsible for how we process and protect your data.
WE WILL USE YOUR DATA TO, among other purposes, to manage your registration as a user, to manage your purchases of products or services, to respond to your queries, and, if you wish, to send you our customised communications. WHY ? Because we have legal standing to process your data for various reasons. The main one is that we need to process them to perform the contract that you accept with us when you register and when you make a purchase or enjoy any of our services or functionalities, although other reasons also enable us to use them, such as our interest to respond to your queries or the consent that you give us to send you our newsletter, among others.
WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH service providers who provide us with assistance or support, these being companies in LEVEL UP Group or third party collaborators with whom we have reached an agreement, both inside and outside the European Union.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO access, rectify or delete your personal data. In certain cases, you are also entitled to other rights, such as, for example, to object to us using your data, or to their portability, as explained in depth below.
We invite you to read our full Privacy and Cookies Policy below to understand in depth the manner in which we will use your personal data and your rights over your data.
* * *
In this Privacy and Cookies Policy, you will find all relevant information applicable to our use of our users' and clients' personal data, regardless of the channel or means (online or in person) of LEVEL UP WEAR that you use to interact with us.
We are transparent about what we do with your personal data, for you to understand the implications of the way in which we use your data, and the rights you are entitled to in relation to your data.
We permanently make available for you all the information included in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, that you can check when you consider appropriate, and in addition.
You will also find further information on each processing operation of your data as you interact with us.
When we speak about our Platform, we refer, in general, to any of the channels or means, digital or in person, you may have used to interact with us. The main ones are:
- Our Websites, www.ark8.net and us.ark8.net
- Our ARK/8 App, this is, including both the mobile application you installed on your mobile device and others we may use in our stores.
- In person, in any of our ARK/8 store when we will have one.
1 — WHO IS THE CONTROLER OF YOUR DATA ?
Your data controller is LEVEL UP WEAR, S.A., company currently operating worldwide the sale of LEVEL UP WEAR and ARK/8 brand products :
o Postal address : 25, Rue du Sceptre 25, 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium.
o E-mail address of the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
This means that we regulated and are responsible for processing and protecting your personal data.
2 — WHY WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ?
Depending on the purpose for which we process your data from time to time, as explained above, we need to process one or other data, which will in general be, depending on each case, as follows:
- your identity data (for example, your name, surname, language and country from which you interact with us, contact data, etc.);
- economic and transactions information (for example, your payment or card data, information on your purchases, orders, returns, etc.);
- connection, geolocation and/or browsing data (if you interact with us from your mobile phone, for example);
- commercial information (for example, if you have subscribed to our newsletter),
- information about your tastes and preferences.
Remember that, when we ask you to fill in your personal data to afford you access to any functionality or service of the Platform, we will mark certain fields as compulsory, since these are data that we need to be able to provide the service or afford you access to the functionality in question. Please take into account that, if you decide not to make such data available to us, you may be unable to complete your user registration or may not be able to enjoy those services or functionalities.
Depending on how you interact with our Platform, i.e., depending on the services, products or functionalities that you wish to enjoy, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
1. To manage your registration as user of the Platform
If you decide to become a registered user of our Platform, we need to process your data to identify you as a user of the Platform and grant you access to its various functionalities, products and services available to you as a registered user. You may cancel your registered user account by contacting us through Customer Support.
2. For the development, performance and execution of the purchase or services contract that you executed with Us on the Platform
This purpose includes processing your data, mainly:
- We contact you for updates or informative notices related to the contracted functionalities, products or services, including quality surveys and to be able to establish the degree of customer satisfaction with the provided service;
- To manage payment of the products that you purchase, regardless of the payment procedure used. For example:
- If on purchasing any of our products through the Website or the App, you opt to activate the functionality of save your card data for future purchases, we need to process the indicated data for activation and development of that functionality. Consent to the activation of this functionality enables your autocompleted payment data to appear in subsequent purchases so that you do not need to introduce them in each new process, and these data will be deemed valid and effective for subsequent purchases. You may change or cancel your cards at any time through the section on payment information, either of your Website registered user account, or of the Wallet functionality of the App.
- If you use the Wallet functionality of the App to pay your face-to- face purchases, we need to process your data to activate it, so that you may start your purchases at the brick-and-mortar stores enabled for the purpose.
- Activate the necessary arrangements in order to control and prevent potential fraud against you and against us during the purchase process. If we consider that the transaction can be fraudulent, this processing may cause the blocking of the transaction.
- To manage potential returns after you have purchased and manage requests of availability information for articles, reservations and/or pre-orders of products through the Platform, or provide you the services related to the functionality Personal Tailoring, depending on the availability of such options from time to time.
- For invoicing purposes and to make available to you the tickets and invoices of the purchases you have made through the Platform.
- To ensure that you are able to use other available functionalities or services, such as the purchase, management and use of the Gift Card or of the Gift Voucher.
3. To meet requests or applications that you make through the Customer Support channels
We only process the personal data that is strictly necessary to manage or resolve your request or application.
4. For marketing purposes
This purpose includes the processing of your data, subject to your consent, mainly for:
- If and when you subscribe to our Newsletter, we will process your personal data to manage your subscription, including to send customized information on our products or services through various means (such as e-mail or SMS). We may also make available to you this information through push notifications in case you have activated them in your mobile device.
- Accordingly, please take into account that this data processing implies analysis of your user or customer profile to establish your preferences and therefore which products and services are most fit to your style when sending you information. For example, based on your purchases and browsing history (i.e., depending on the articles that you clicked), we will make you suggestions on products that we believe may interest you and, if you are a registered user, we will provide you with the "recover cart " functionality. Please read our Cookies Policy for more information.
- Remember that you may unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time without cost through the "Newsletter" section of the Platform, in addition to through the instructions that we provide you with in each notice. If you do not want to receive push notifications, you can deactivate this option in your mobile device.
- To perform promotional actions (for example, for the organization of competitions or to send the list of items stored to the e-mail you designate). On participating in any promotional action, you authorize us to process the personal data that you have shared with us depending on the promotional action and disclose them through different media such as social networks or the Platform itself. In each promotional action in which you participate you will have available the terms and conditions where we will be providing more detailed information about the processing of your personal data.
To disseminate in the Platform or through our channels in the social networks photographs or pictures that you shared publicly, provided that you expressly give us your consent for the purpose.
5. Analysis of usability and quality to improve our services
If you access our Platform, we inform you that we will treat your browsing data for analytic and statistic purposes, i.e., to understand the manner in which users interact with our Platform and thus be capable of introducing improvements in the Platform. Please read our Cookies Policy for more information.
In addition, we occasionally perform quality surveys and actions to know the degree of satisfaction of our customers and users and detect those areas in which we may improve.
The legal terms on which we are permitted to process your personal data also depends on the purpose for which we process them, as explained in the following table:
We process your data because this is necessary on the terms regulating the use of the Platform.
If you opt to use the access or login through a social network, we are legally permitted to process your data on the basis of the consent that you give when authorizing the assignment of your data from the social network.
2. Development, performance and making of the purchase or services contract
We process your data because their processing is necessary for us to make the purchase or services contract with you.
Certain processing of data related to the purchase process is activated only because you request or authorize it, as is the case of the storage of payment (card) data for future purchases or the processing of data necessary to scan the till receipts through the Wallet section of the App or to provide you with the Coming Soon / Back Soon functionalities. In these cases, our processing of your data is supported by your own consent.
We consider that we have a lawful interest to carry out the necessary verifications to detect and prevent potential fraud when you make a purchase.
We understand that the processing of these data is positive for all the participating parties when a purchase is paid and in particular for you, since this allows us to establish measures to protect you from fraud attempts by third parties.
3. Customer Support
We consider that we have lawful interest in answering the requests or consultations raised by you through the existing different contact channels. We understand that the processing of these data is also beneficial to you to the extent that it enables us to assist you adequately and answer to the consultations raised.
When you get in touch with us, in particular, for the management of incidents related to your order or the product/service acquired through the Platform, the processing of your data is necessary to make the purchase contract.
When your consultation is related to the exercise of your rights on which we inform you below, or to claims on our products or services, we are legally permitted to process your data for compliance with our legal obligations.
We are legally permitted to process your data for marketing purposes due to the consent that you give us, for example when you accept receiving customized information through multiple channels, when authorizing the sending of push notifications in your mobile device or when accepting the legal terms and conditions to participate in a promotional action or to publish your pictures on the Platform or on our social networks' channels.
In order to show you customized information, we consider that we have a lawful interest to conduct a profiling with the information that we have about you (such as your browsing, preferences or purchase history) and the personal data that you have provided us, such as the age range or language, since we understand that the data processing of these data is also beneficial to you because it allows you to improve your user experience and access the information in accordance with your preferences.
5. Analysis of usability and quality
We consider that we have a lawful interest in analyzing the Platform usability and the user's satisfaction degree, since we understand that that the processing of these data is also beneficial for your because the purpose is to improve the user experience and provide a higher quality service.
4 — HOW LON WILL KEEP YOUR DATA ?
The time for which we will keep your data will depend on the purposes for which we process them, as explained below:
1. To manage your Platform user registration
We will process your data for the time during which you remain a registered user (meaning, until you decide to unsubscribe).
2. Development, performance and execution of the purchase or services contract
We will process your data for the time necessary to manage the purchase of the products or services that you acquired, including potential returns, complaints or claims related to the purchase of the product or service in question.
Sometimes, we will only process the data until the time when you decide, as is the case of payment (card) data that you requested us to store for future purchases.
3. Customer Support
We will process your data for the time necessary to meet your request or application.
We will process your data until you unsubscribe or cancel your subscription to the newsletter.
If you participate in promotional actions, we will keep the data during a six (6) months period from the end of the action.
5. Analysis of usability and quality
We will process your data occasionally for the time during which we proceed to carry out a specific quality action or survey or until we anonymize your browsing data.
Notwithstanding the fact that we will process your data for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purpose in question as specified above, we will subsequently keep them duly stored and protected with restricted access for the time during which liability may arise for their processing, in compliance with legislation in force from time to time. Once each of the potential actions is time-barred we will proceed to delete the personal data.
5 — DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES ?
To achieve the purposes mentioned in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, we must afford access to your personal data to entities of the LEVEL UP WEAR Group and to third parties that provide us with support in the services that we offer your, i.e.:
- financial institutions,
- anti-fraud detection and prevention entities,
- technological service providers,
- logistic, transport and delivery partners and service providers,
- providers of customer support related services,
- advertising and marketing related partners and service providers.
6 — WHAT YOUR RIGHTS ARE WHEN MAKING YOUR DATA AVAILABLE TO US ?
We undertake to keep your personal data confidential and to ensure that you may exercise your rights. Bearing you in mind, we have agreed that you may exercise your rights free of charge by writing us an e-mail to a single e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, simply informing us of the reason for your request and the right that you wish to exercise. If we consider this necessary to be able to identify you, we may request you to provide a copy of a document evidencing your identity.
In particular, notwithstanding the purpose or legal basis we use to process your data, you have the following rights:
- To request us access to the data we have available on you. We remind you that in case you are a Platform registered user you may also consult this information in the relevant section on your personal data.
- To request us to rectify the data that we have available. Please bear in mind that if you are a registered user on the Platform, you may also access the relevant personal data section to change or update your personal data. In any case, please take into account that, on actively making your personal data available to us through any procedure, you guarantee that they are true and accurate and you undertake to notify to us any change or modification of your data. Only the user shall be liable for any loss or damage caused to the Platform or to the person responsible for the Platform or to any third party by reporting erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete information in the registration forms. Please remember that, as a general rule, you must provide us only with your own data, not with those of third parties, other than to the extent otherwise permitted in this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- To request us the erasure of your personal data to the extent that they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we need to keep processing them, as we have explained above, or when we are no longer legally permitted to process them.
- To request us to cancel or limit the processing of your personal data, which entails that in certain cases you can request us to temporally suspend the processing of the data or that we keep them longer that necessary when you may need it.
- To provide instructions regarding the storage, deletion or disclosure of your personal data after your death.
If you have given us your consent to process your data for any purpose, you also have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. Some of the manners in which you may withdraw your consent are explained in section 2 where we explain for which purposes we process your data.
When we are legally permitted to process your data due to your consent or to perform the contract, as explained in section 3, you will also have the right to request the portability of your personal data. This means that you will have the right to receive the personal data that you made available to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-legible format, to be able to transmit them to another entity directly without impediments on our part.
In addition, where the processing of your data is based on our lawful interest, you will also have the right to object to the processing of your data.
Finally, we inform you that you have the right to file a claim before the responsible data protection regulatory authority, in particular, before:
- the Belgian Data Protection Agency (Autorité de protection des données – APD) (https://www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be );
- the authority of the country in which the country retail company is located:http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
7 — WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PROVIDE US WITH DATA OF THIRD PARTIES ?
We offer functionalities or services that require us to process the personal data of a third party that you must provide, such as in the case of activation and sending of the Gift Voucher or the management of the application for the Gift Voucher. If you provide us with personal data of third parties, you warrant that you informed them of the purposes and of the manner in which we need to process their personal data.
8 — CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
We may amend the information contained in this Privacy and Cookies Policy when we consider this appropriate. Should we do so, we will notify you by various procedures through the Platform (for example, through a banner, a pop-up or a push notification), or we may even send you a notice to your e-mail address when the change in question is relevant to your privacy, for you to be able to review the changes, assess them and, as the case may be, object or unsubscribe from any service or functionality. In any case, we suggest you to review this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time in case minor changes are made or we make any interactive improvement, taking the opportunity that you will always find it as a permanent point of information on our Website and our App.
9 — INFORMATION ON COOKIES
What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your PC, telephone or any other device, with information about your navigation on that website. Cookies are necessary to facilitate browsing and to make it more user-friendly, and they do not damage your computer.
While this Policy uses the general term “Cookies”, as they are the main method for storing information used by this website, the browser's "Local Storage" space is also used for the same purposes as the Cookies. All the information included in this section is also applicable to this "Local Storage".
What are Cookies used for on this website?
Cookies are an essential part of how our website works. The main purpose of our Cookies is to improve your browsing experience. For example, they are used to remember your preferences (language, country, etc.) while browsing and on future visits.
What are Cookies NOT used for on this website?
We do not store sensitive personal information, such as your address, your password, your credit or debit card data, etc. in the Cookies we use.
Who uses the information stored in Cookies?
The information stored in the Cookies from our website is used exclusively by us, except for those identified below as "third-party cookies", which are used and managed by external entities to provide services requested by us to improve our services and the experience of the user when browsing our website. The main services for which these "third-party cookies" are used are to obtain access statistics and to guarantee the payment transactions that are carried out.
How can I avoid using Cookies on this website?
You may restrict, block or delete the Cookies from this website at any time by changing the configuration of your browser following the steps indicated below. While the settings are different in each browser, Cookies are normally configured in the "Preferences" or "Tools" menu. For further details on configuring Cookies in your browser, see the "Help" menu in the browser itself.
Which particular Cookies does this website use and for what purpose?
The chart below shows the Cookies, tags and other similar devices used by this website, together with information on the purpose, duration and management (proprietary and by third parties) of each one of them.
We strive to propose inspiring content newsletters, as well as to share the latest product updates and our next projects and collaborations. We promise not to overload your inbox with unnecessary clutter. Unsubscribing is easy if you do not like what we have to say. So why not take the risk ? See you in your inbox!
YOUR EMAIL :